Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Monday, May 19, 2014

Some sewing progress this week

Another week has gone rushing by.  It has been rainy the last few days and not as warm as it has been for the last couple of months.  Never-the-less I have been gardening.  I have most of my greenhouse planted and put the potatoes in the garden plot today.  We keep worms in a tub in our kitchen to create worm poop compost.  I put a handful of them in my outside compost bin today so I can see what they do over the summer.  They cannot overwinter in the outside compost as it is too cold, but there are still a zillion or so of them in the tub.

My sister and her two friends from New Brunswick were here to visit the last couple of nights.  We went for a lovely walk on Saturday evening.  As you can see there is still ice on the lake… 

IMG_7856

I’m also linking this post up with Shaz at Alsha's Space for the 52 week photo challenge.  The word of this week was “view”.  I think this one will do. Smile 

On Friday a couple of friends and I had a silk scarf dyeing session.  I did six scarves (five silk and one chiffon).   I really went wild with the colours.  Oh I do love colour.  Here they all are, hanging out on the clothesline.

IMG_7858

And I actually got some sewing done this week.  Two hexie flowers to send to my swap partner for May in the Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap.  She asked for bright prints and green centres.  I hope I didn’t get carried away with the “bright prints”.

IMG_7861

And I received three sets of second round hexies from my swap partners for February.   They were slow arriving but were wonderful once they arrived.  Here they are added on to the respective flowers I chose for them.

IMG_7864

IMG_7865

IMG_7866

That is all for this week, but I have to say that I am pleased with my production for the week!  Did you get to sew?

Janet

10 comments:

  1. Your view is sensational!!! So nice to be able to walk and enjoy that view!
    Love your scarves - I am the same as you, love bright colours!
    Love the hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view, lovely you can walk without 3 feet of snow to plough through. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post! The view is fantastic, and I just adore that red scarf! The hexagon flowers are cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that view is stunning .. looks a bit cold though!! the scarves look wonderful blowing in the breeze xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling little hexie flowers. ..and not a bad view either. Be nice to those worms and they will be good to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexies are fun and I love the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarfs look great ... I don't like the one with the ice blue and purply bits in it .. I don't know it's too cold I think ... but that's just me ... I'm always one for the warmer autumny colours .. except green, I take green also in spring green ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scarves. I like the colors you chose. The hexie flowers are gorgeous. Doesn't it just take forever to sew that outermost round. I've been doing some of that lately....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blog! and you have some nice, perfect flowers here, love them all!! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blog! wonderful work, nicely done epp flowers!

    ReplyDelete