Leslie from lesquilts gave me an award!
I wasn’t sure whether to be grouchy or happy. I’ve been feeling grouchy about blogging lately for a number of reasons. Firstly, I’m busy and don’t have much time to be creative in blogging or in sewing. Secondly I’ve been reading a lot of blogs with responses to this post. Although I think the post was written in fun it seems to have opened up lots of hurt with some bloggers. I feel a bit like commenting on it, but on the other hand think it is best ignored. But thirdly, some of my grouchiness with blogging comes from things I could complain about. I’m not going to complain because someone’s feelings are bound to get hurt and I would feel bad. Really the grouchiness is all mine. People are just people.
So on a happy note….I am secretly pleased to get the award. I didn’t start blogging to get followers or have others acknowledge me. I just like writing and taking photos, and I usually keep a journal. This was just a way to keep a neat quilting journal. But I am thrilled that I’ve met people and made friends in the blogging world and it is really touching that Leslie has given me this award. THANK YOU LESLIE!
So here’s the deal….It has been around the world a few times, but there are rules! I pick 5 (or up to 15) other bloggers and give them the award. Recipients, please read the rules. Everyone, please check out the bloggers I have awarded! I understand the purpose of the award is to introduce us to blogs we may not have seen. All the ones I’ve listed have interesting thoughts and beautiful work.
The Versatile Blogger Award rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that others might not know about you
3. Pass along the award to 15 newly discovered bloggers (I'm going with 5 )
4. Contact these bloggers to let them know they’ve received the award
And the winners are….
And here are seven things about me you may or may not want to know
1. When DH and I were first married we lived in tents most of the time for about ten years….in the Yukon….in the winter…with two kids.
2. I am a social worker. A burnt out social worker with vicarious trauma and maybe PTSD. (Hence the grouchiness) But I’m still a social worker.
3. I know a lot about my family`s heritage. One interesting item: my great, great grandfather in my paternal lineage was an Austrian Jew who emigrated to England.
4. I run off and on. I have completed one marathon – the Yukon Arctic Ultra, in February 2008, running on river ice.
5. I love quietness. When I am home alone I usually don`t play music, radio, television or movies. I like to listen to the radio in my car though.
6. I commute an hour each way to work. Terrible for carbon output.
7. I`m not really a big fan of chocolate. I like a bit of chocolate from time to time, but I`d take something in the butterscotch or caramel line over chocolate any day.
I’m off to my daughter’s birthday party. Happy weekend to you.