Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, August 6, 2011

What I’ve been Sewing

I have truly been doing some sewing, although it doesn’t feel like I’ve done much.  I started a new job last Monday and had to travel Tuesday through Thursday.  I’ll be on the road – actually in the air – again this week Monday through Wednesday.  I did take some hand sewing with me but didn’t get a lot prepped to take so didn’t accomplish a lot.  Here are my July swap items though – all made and sent on time.  Phew!

First my two blocks for Sue, the leader of the six inch block swap that I joined just last month. Sue doesn’t appear to have a personal blog, but runs four blogs for the swaps that she organizes.

IMG_3749

For the Christmas Block Swap my July partner was Cheryl.  She asked for a log cabin in Christmasy colours and this is what I made her.  It turned out quite busy but hopefully she loves it anyway.  I really like it.

IMG_3794

For the Adventure Block Swap I made this block for Karyli.  She let me know she has received it and loves it.

IMG_3755

And here are the hexie flowers I created for Simona in Croatia.  She asked for bright colours.  I think I achieved that!  I called this the butterfly series.

IMG_3772

Lastly here is the Christmas Mug Rug that I created for Narelle.  She appears to live even more remotely than I do.  I love that in Australia they call it “in the bush” just like we do here.  Not the forest or the back woods, or the country.  The bush. 

This is the third mug rug I’ve made for a swap where I’ve used hexies.  Do you think I’m a bit obsessed?

IMG_3808

And the back….

IMG_3809

I’ll be back tomorrow with some photos of my recent mail receipts.  There are some lovely ones!

Janet

4 comments:

  1. What a great collection of giveaways you've made. Good luck with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet
    thank you for my lovely blocks, I do have a personal blog, the button for it is on the left side bar of the 12 inch block swap blog, but here is the link if you want to follow me:)
    http://quiltedhugsandothernonsense.blogspot.com/
    I dont post blocks on their, just everything else that I do. Hugs, Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! A new job?
    I hope you got to travel to Vancouver!
    Are you going to enter the FRIENDS swap? I have a link on my blog...
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet,

    I LOVE hexie flowers you've sent me, they are the first one because I just joined Inchy club.
    Hope to see you soon in Croatia

    ReplyDelete