Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, January 2, 2011

More mug rugs!

My finish for today is the other mug rug that I needed to make for a Christmas present.  My friend is away until tomorrow so I’m not too much in trouble for being late.  My friend Nancy owns a grey parrot that thinks she is its mate.  Nancy loves her bird as well.

IMG_2892

I almost like the back better than the front.  I used my home dyed fabric because it was just the right colour.

IMG_2893

I received this mug rug in the mail from Quilt Sue.  I love the colours and the embellishing stitches.  So pretty with such simplicity.  I always seem to make everything so complex.  For all the mug rugs I’ve made this is the first one that I own!  It’s not really droopy on one side – I think I need to iron it.

IMG_2891

JANET

7 comments:

  1. I think your mug rugs are real works of art and I would never be able to use one, I would hang it on a wall. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love your mug rugs.... those parrots are fantastic...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend will love her mug rug - it's adorable. And the mug rug you recieved from Quilt Sue is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mug rugs. One of these days I'm going to get around to making some (it's on my to-do) list. Yours are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mug rugs - one of the items on my 'want to do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mug rugs...Your parrots are stunning!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete