Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas Quilt Along

Today I participated in the Christmas Quilt Along hosted by Quilt Sue at Quilt Times.  I have to confess I spent most of the day working on this

IMG_2598

It is for DD # 1 whose birthday is next week.  The family are all coming for dinner tomorrow.  This is a pattern from Volume 8 Number 11 of Australian Country Threads.  I followed it pretty closely but now that I’ve made it once I know what I would do differently next time.  Like make the hat a separate piece so that the doll can have different costumes for different occasions.  (I’m thinking about when DD # 1 graduates in a year from now and how cute this doll would look in a graduation cap and gown.  I’ll have to see if I can do a modification of the head and hat.)

I have been working in the evenings on a couple of hand sewing projects for Christmas swaps.  This is for my November block for the Christmas Quilting Block swap…

IMG_2601

The pattern is by Cyndi from Stitch, Stitch, Stitch

And this is for my Secret Santa swap…

IMG_2599

Gotta go sew!

Janet

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you could make it this month. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

    The idea of a graduation doll is wonderful, and I love the look of your Secret Santa swap candle mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to have the doll be able to change to match the current happenings. Love what you are working on for your swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you at completing a doll! I was just looking at some dolls in a quilt magazine yesterday and thinking that I'd like to try them. Virginia Robinson makes some wonderful ones and I have one of her books. My granddaughters are getting big enough that I should try! Making them with changeable dresses is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't realize you were still up with Paulette. Glad you could join us. I just love the doll and of course, anything with wool!

    ReplyDelete